Tree Photos for Topics Magazine
- Taiwan Ebony, Diospyros Utilis, 毛柿, Tainan City, Taiwan
Tree photos taken for the special Travel and Culture Issue 2011 of Taiwan Business Topics Magazine.
- Golden Shower Senna, Cassia Fistula L., Tainan City, Taiwan
These lovely trees are all over Taiwan and aptly called Golden Shower trees. Chinese 黃金雨阿勃勒
- Banyan, Indian Laurel Fig, Tainan City Confucius temple, Taiwan
Banyan’s are often considered ‘dark’ or ‘yin’ and some of the oldest and healthiest are in temple grounds. Chinese 正榕、鳥榕
- Formosan Sweet Gum, Liquidambar Formosana, 楓香樹, Tainan City, Taiwan
- Sacred Fig Banyan (Ficus Religiosa), Bo-tree, Tainan City, Taiwan
The very species of tree that Siddharta was said to be enlightened under. Chinese 菩提樹
- Bougainvillea, 九重葛, Tainan City, Taiwan
- Manila Tamarind, Pithecellobium Dulce, Jin Gui, Tainan City, Taiwan
Older Manila Tamarind trees can have beautifully gnarled trunks. In Chinese 金龜樹.